About Blue Option
There's no better choice than a Blue Option health care plan from BlueChoice HealthPlan. With a large choice of quality plans to choose from, we have plans to fit all needs and budgets. We're part of BlueCross® BlueShield® of South Carolina and that's just one more reason to shop for a Blue Option health plan today.
About BlueChoice HealthPlan
BlueChoice HealthPlan offers Blue Option to individuals and families seeking health coverage in South Carolina. BlueChoice® has more than 30 years of experience providing security to South Carolinians. Our service, value and quality are evident in all our Blue Option plans.
- Our Mission: Our mission is to deliver diversified, affordable and high quality health coverage to our members to help them achieve optimum health and wellness. We will do this by:
- Constantly improving our services and products to meet the changing needs of our members.
- Using innovative technology to improve efficiency and quality.
- Maintaining our commitment to superior service.
- Focus on Prevention: Throughout our history, we have stressed the need for preventive care. We created several programs to help our members stay healthy, including our Great Expectations® for health programs.
- Great Expectations: Our Great Expectations for health programs help educate our members about their overall health. We support members as they make healthy lifestyle changes. Learn more about these programs.
- Financially Strong: In December 2015, A.M. Best Co. affirmed the A+ financial strength rating of BlueChoice as part of the group rating for the BlueCross® BlueShield® of South Carolina companies.
Why choose a Blue Option plan
- Plan selection: Choose from 20 different individual and family plans.
- Providers: Choose from quality doctors, specialists, hospitals and other providers throughout the state and see specialists without a referral.
- Added benefits: Dental and vision care are included in all plans along with 24/7 phone and online access to doctors; physician, hospital and prescription drug benefits; and more.
- Deductibles: Choose from a wide range of deductibles that come with our bronze and silver plans.
- Out-of-pocket: Help keep your health care costs under control by choosing what you'll pay out-of-pocket. Pay more at the time of service to keep monthly premiums down. Or, pay a little more each month and less when you seek treatment.
- Free life management services: Confidential financial, legal, parenting assistance and other valuable services — three sessions included for every member.
- Accredited: Seven-time accreditation status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- Dedicated support: Our call center and website will help you get the most from your plan.